Thursday, February 23, 2012

India: Where I Come From - Unjha! Part 2 - Temples

In the 24 hours we spent in Unjha, we did as much as possible!!! We packed in visiting all my family but we also found time to visit some temples. The temple my family worships at is the Umiya Mata Mandir. When we went to this temple a large group that made a pilgrimage here had arrived so the temple was bustling for a Sunday night. The next day we went to another temple...I can't remember the name of it...but it was on beautiful grounds with a picnic area and a playground for kids. We took Shama to the Jain temples in Unjha. I had never been there before so this was also new for me! We made it to two of of the three Jain temples...one was closed when stopped by.

I have one more post of Unjha remaining! Hope you visit again next week! Have a great weekend!!! :)

Umiya Mata Mandir
Priest at the temple that I can't remember the name

Shama outside of the Jain temple
Inside the Jain temple

1 comment:

  1. our temple name
    1st Picture is Umiya Mataji Temple Unjha
    2nd Pic Shanidev Mandir in Veidhnath Mahadev
    3rd Ptc Jain Jinalaya Mahaveer Swami in Kotkuva area unjha

    ReplyDelete